Aromatherapy is the scientific study of essential oils and their effects on the body
There’s no substitute for the power of aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is aromatic liquid compounds obtained from plants by distillation or expression (the steam-distilling method). They are used in aromatherapy to promote wellness, treat physical and mental problems, or enhance spiritual experience.
Aromatherapy is an important therapy for the perpetuation of your holistic healing and physical well–being. The oils you use can be natural or synthetic, or a combination of both.
Why I should use aromatherapy oils?
Aromatherapy is a treatment that uses oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots or other parts of a plant to enhance psychological and physical well-being. It is sometimes used in combination with massage and other therapeutic techniques as part of a holistic treatment approach.
Various essential oils can be used, including lavender, peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus, and rose.
Aromatherapy may help to relieve stress and anxiety, boost your mood and promote a relaxing night's sleep.
Aromatherapy has some proven benefits but also requires caution when using it safely.
Benefits of aromatherapy oils
- Aromatherapy oils are highly concentrated from the herbs and plants that they're extracted from, which is what makes them so beneficial.
- Different oils can have different benefits, and it's easy to tailor your treatment to your needs.
- Lavender oil has antibacterial and antiseptic properties as well as a sedative effect.
- Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory qualities, making it useful for treating conditions like acne.
- Peppermint oil can help with nausea and headaches.
- Eucalyptus oil is often used to treat coughs and colds.
- Chamomile oil is thought to be helpful for treating insomnia, anxiety, and restlessness.
- Aromatherapy oils have a variety of benefits that could make using them worthwhile.
How to Use Essential Oils
- Use a diffuser.
- Make a scented room spray.
- Use the oils in your shower and also foot spa.
- Soothe sore muscles by adding them to lotion or massage oil.
- Create a scented scrub that's great for your skin.
- Add essential oils to your bathwater to create a relaxing retreat.
- Make your own perfume with essential oils.
- Soothe your dry hands with a hand cream made with essential oils.
- With essential oils, you can create soothing DIY products that smell great and make you feel fantastic.
Essential Oils That Can Be Used In Foot Soaks
They're easy to do, just blend all the ingredients together in one of the recipes below and place them into a basin of warm-hot water. Swirl to blend in the mixture and place feet in. Let soak for 15 minutes or until the water becomes too cool.
They can also help with stress or muscle tension. Foot soaks have been around for centuries as a way to increase blood flow,
calm the nervous system and relieve muscle pains. Some people like to make foot soaks for themselves, but others actually prefer to have it done for them by their doctor.